This July 26th, will be the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Washington State will be celebrating with a rally on July 22nd, which will include a multitude of speakers, musicians, and leaders from the disability community.
Who will be at the event?
· Senator Cyrus Habib
· Stuart Pixley (Community activist)
· Senator Patty Murray- Video
· Governor Inslee Representative
· Mayor Ed Murray
· 3 to 5 community advocates representing the work that lead to the signing of the ADA, the positive impact 20+ years after, and a focus on where we need to still work together for change.
· Various musical artists and “people moments”
· Numerous “shout outs” to organizations in the crowd to cheer their efforts
“Day-Of” planning details will include:
· Transportation options for various modes of travel
· Drop off and pick up locations
· Day of agenda and speaker and entertainment program
· Information on accommodation solutions being provided for this event
· Other ADA events planned by organizations around the state
· And much …..much ……more.
Washington State Rehabilitation Council (WSRC)
Washington State Independent Living Council (WASILC)
Northwest ADA Center
Seattle Commission for People with Disabilities-City of Seattle
Department of Services for the Blind
City of Seattle Office of Civil Rights
Alliance for People with disabilities
ARC of Washington
Washington Business Leadership Network (WaBLN)
Northwest Paralyzed Veterans Association
Mark Adreon – email@example.com, 206.906.5502
Teesha Kirschbaum – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360.725.3690
Brooke Searight – email@example.com, 360.725.3692